Monday, October 21, 2013

Surviving The TDY: Practice for Surviving the Deployment

So in preparation for his deployment that is coming up, my husband had to fly to Texas for training. He is going to be gone for 17 days. Then he will have more training in January. During these times it hits me the hardest that I am a military wife. I signed up for these longs weeks and lonely nights. Pulling double duty as mom and stand in dad. When he is away the work load goes from 100% to 200%. I have a few local friends who have offered to help, and lots of people sending their prayers, well wishes and advice from afar. It all helps. But the only way I am going to survive this TDY, the next TDY(temporary Duty Yonder) aka my husband is away on military training...and ultimately this deployment, is to of coarse BLOG about it! Most days will be short accounts for the days events or lack there of. Maybe a few emotions and meltdowns thrown into the mix of my attempt at making light of the daily chaos. So, here ya Go! Here is the first two days of this installment.


Day 1: Day 1 of surviving the TDY(aka practice for surviving the deployment): Mommy got both kids to clean up their rooms, I made dinner and cleaned the kitchen and the rest of the house. Both kids are showered and in bed. It may seem like just an.ordinary night. But it's day 1 of a lot of days and weeks of doing it ALL alone.

Day 2: Part 1: Day 2 of surviving the TDY my car battery died while sitting at Eriks school. thank God Kara was still there to take me back home get jumper cables bring me back and give me a jump....
Day 2: Part 2: Day 2 Part 2:Surviving this TDY: The rest of the day didn't go much better. Emily has perfected the art of the tantrum, im talking jumping (flailing) up and down, throwing her self on the floor whole nine yards. To which I reply with swiftly putting her on her bed for a time out. Then the rest of the day was chaos with the kids alternating between destroying the house while playing nicely, and screaming bloody murder at each other...There are still a few scattered toys on the floor and I haven't unloaded the dishwasher yet. I have NO IDEA what to pack erik for lunch tomorrow because I KNEW had i treked to the store with two brats in tow...one or more of the three of us wouldn't come back alive...So The score stands, Mom:1 Kids:1. I guess I take the next 30 mins for dishes and straightening, then Bones at 8 then bed time at 9. Good Grief and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment