When all is said and done, and my daughter is clean from head to toe, we turn the shower water off and say, "Time to get out!" To which she responds with a resounding, "NO!" and lays down in the last quarter inch of water that is making it's way down the drain.
She wants to soak up every single last drop of the goodness. Can I blame her? No. When we all find a good thing we hold on until every single bit of it is gone. Even then we don't want to admit that there's nothing left. The last bite of ice cream. The last hour of sunshine. The last 3 minutes before our alarm goes off (even though we are already awake). The last of the baby months, the last year before they leave for college. (it's only a blink between the two)
As much as I want to pick her up and dry her off while explaining that I don't have all day for her to lay in the tub because there are too many chores left to do and not enough time left to do them....I will let her lay there. Soak it all in little baby. Hold on tight to those warm droplets. Even when they are gone, don't get up. Just close your eyes, just for one minute and hold on to how it all felt. Too soon the water will turn cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment