Sunday, November 3, 2013

Survivng the TDY

Do I dare try to catch up? How about the highlights?

Fall Festival
I volunteered to set up a photobooth at erik's school fall festival. it was tons of work, but also kinda fun. Everyone seemed to like their pictures and the school made a decent amount on it.

Electrical Issue
saturday morning I was cleaning up. Went to use my vacuum cleaner and it didn't turn on all the way, then the microwave blew up...litterally. It turned into a huge and pretty dangerous electrical problem called a floating neutral. my father in law jumped in the car, made the 4 hour trip to come fix it. By sunday mid morning all was well after a few new breakers and a new outlet installed...it did cost me a microwave though. Going from a really nice $160  mircrowave to a $60 hotel special...sucked. But I'll live.

Photoshoot
   I had the honor of taking Lori and David's engagement photos in Santa Clarita. The kids had to go with me and drive me NUTS the whole time, and i dropped my phone towards the end of the shoot and...

Phone broke
Broke my phone. That sucks. THe screen is shattered, and everytime i touch it more pieces of glass fall off...

cake smash
Monday morning I had an appointment with a client ive known since she was 9 days new. Little Remi. It was time for her cake smash. Man this year went by so fast!! Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to her party because we were all quite sick.

kids are sick
The kids started showing signs of being sick, runny noses, sore throats and little coughs

pumpkin carving
BUT we carved pumpkins anyway and went trick or treating with Erik's friend Dade and his family.

halloween parade/trick or treating
Erik's school had a costume parade, It felt about fifty degrees below zero outside. But all the kids were pretty cute. Some made me shake my head at parents these days...but most were pretty tasteful.

skype with the be-fri dude
I spent the rest of the weekend recovering. Then saturday I surprised my BE-FRI Dude by attending her Bridal shower in PA via skype! She cried, which we all know is the most flattering surprise reaction there is!. It was sooo nice to see everyone and be apart of the festivites! Def the highlight of this month! I can't wait to see her in 26 days!!

epic desert shoot.
saturday night I had the most epic shoot ever! Beautiful model, and her loving and wonderful mother. Gorgeous desert sunset. I loved everything about it.

Welp. that brings me to today. I feel like death...not even warmed over...just death. lol. I'm going to put the kids in bed. have one MORE mikes hard lemonade...and then hit the hay. I spent last night tending to one child puking, who slept in my bed and i slept on the couch with the other childs feet in my spine pushing me off the couch...needless to say im tired.
Lets hope tomorrow brings a better day. The house still needs cleaned...like really really cleaned. The lunch still needs packed and clothes laid out. SO my work for tonight is far from done. But there is only 3 more days until my love comes home. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment