Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Partner in Crime

   Most days right about now, it is so blazin' hot here in the Mojave desert. I pray for rain, and dream of days when I will be able to wear my hoodies again! They call my name from the closet each morning as I get dressed and take Erik to school. One of my fondest memories is when summer gave way to fall and the leaves started to change. There was a clean, crisp, coolness to the air as I walked to high school. But as much as I long for the heat to fade away, I would give anything for this summer and this fall to last forever.       You see, this winter, my soldier is leaving me. The sheets will be cold in february, with no one there to warm them up next to me. There will be no cocoa on the couch watching Just Like Heaven, for the 1,000th time, with my partner in crime. Day's of 'Hey honey, how was your day? Dinner is ready.'...will turn into days of 'Come on kids! It's time to skype daddy!'. I miss him already and he hasn't even left yet. Home will not feel like home. Because home is where his boots are....and his boots will be far far away.


   I will try to keep my self busy. I will extend invitations to ANYONE who wants to come for a visit. I will pack the kids up once a month for a small trip to visit others. But it still won't be the same. My partner in crime is the only one who can fill those boots. But I know that God (and skype) will help me keep from going completely insane. 
   I WILL put out this notice...To any one who knows me, you know it is NOT easy for me to ask for help. I will have a brave face for my kids, and for my husband who will be missing us just as much. I will say that I can do everything on my own. I will learn to fix leaky faucets, I will set a schedule to make sure that everything gets done in a timely manner and that the world doesn't fall to utter chaos. I will count the weeks until he returns because counting days makes it seem soooo long. 
   But then I will fall asleep with tears on my pillow. Because the other half of my heart is 10,000 miles away. I will have days when I sit on the couch and watch comedy after comedy trying to make my self laugh, then settle for just not crying. I will NOT watch the news. I will work out every single day for 7 months wanting my husband to be proud to come home to a fit wifey. 
   I will call on my family and friends. To be there, to share a meal. To be there to take the kids to the park. To sit and have a cup of coffee with me. I will need you. I will need you especially when I've worn my brave face for too long. I will need you to know that though I look strong, most days I will be crying on the inside. I'll need you to just be there. 

    There are a lot of things that are uncertain about being a military wife. One thing I know for sure. I will miss, my partner in crime.










No comments:

Post a Comment